• We’re expecting showers today, with thunderstorms and patchy fog also possible after 4 p.m., with a high temperature near 59 degrees and a south wind 5 to 9 miles per hour, becoming light southwest in the afternoon. Showers will continue into the evening, with skies gradually clearing and a low around 42. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 52, and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
• Two full moon night hikes are scheduled for tonight, at the Quogue Wildlife Refuge at 3 Old Country Road in Quogue from 4:30 to 6 p.m. and at the South Fork Natural History Museum at 377 Bridgehampton-Sag Harbor Turnpike in Bridgehampton at 5:30 p.m. Call 631.653.4771 to check on the status of the hike in Quogue, and contact Jean McDermott at the Friends of the Long Pond Greenbelt at 631.599.2391 for info about the Bridgehampton hike.
• East Hampton Town’s Energize East Hampton will hold a presentation on “All-Electric Homes: Everything You Need to Know” this afternoon from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at LTV Studios at 75 Industrial Road in Wainscott. Installers, builders, homeowners, and other experts will discuss the benefits of going all-electric. Members of the public may attend in person or participate virtually, on YouTube. Register and access recordings of previous Energy and Sustainability webinars on solar power, electric vehicles, home energy assessments, conservation and winterization, green heating and cooling, and more at energizeeh.org/outreach-events.
• The Parrish Art Museum in Water Mill hosts a Think Tank on “Navigating Business Challenges and Opportunities” tomorrow at 5 p.m. Meet with peers across industries for a conversation about identifying and leveraging strengths in the marketplace and managing changing economic conditions. Tickets are $16 or free for museum members at parrishart.org.
• “It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play” will be at the Vail-Leavitt Music Hall, 18 Peconic Avenue in Riverhead at 8 p.m. Dec. 9 & 10 and 3 p.m. Dec. 11. Tickets are $25 and are available at wonderfullife.brownpapertickets.com.
• The Southold American Legion Auxiliary Griswold Terry Glover Post 803 invites North Fork children to enjoy after school snacks and activities with Santa on Monday, Dec. 12 from 4 to 6 p.m. at the American Legion Post, 51655 Main Road in Southold. The free event will feature a story time, a holiday craft activity and coloring. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:49 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:57 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
Greenport: 9:26 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:25 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:21 a.m., 9:47 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:48 a.m., 11:14 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:55 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:05 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:14 a.m., 6:38 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:31 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:39 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Greenport: 10:08 a.m., 10:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:05 a.m., 11:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:03 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:30 a.m., 11:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:37 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:43 a.m., 9;12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:52 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.