• There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after noon today, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 53 degrees and a southwest wind 7 to 10 miles per hour, becoming west in the afternoon. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 29 and a 20 percent chance of showers. Tomorrow will be sunny, with a high near 45, and Wednesday, we’re expecting rain and wind, with thunderstorms in the mix after noon, with a high near 54 degrees.
• Riverhead became one of the first places on Long Island where patients can access medical marijuana last Friday, with the opening of Columbia Care’s cannabis dispensary on East Main Street. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The wonderful Amagansettland podcast series from the Amagansett Library has just released a new podcast, “Pilgrim to Greece,” a discussion with East Hampton Star associate editor Joanne Pilgrim about her recent trip to help refugees arriving across the water in Greece. You can listen or subscribe to their podcasts online here.
• The Peconic Estuary Program, established in 1993 when the Peconic Bays were declared an Estuary of National Significance by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, is planning a slew of late winter and spring events surrounding the Peconic Bays. The full story is in the Peconic Bathtub, online here.
• Tomorrow is the first day of the Neo-Political Cowgirls’ winter Young Cowgirls workshop at Guild Hall, a month-long series of workshops designed to help girls ages 8 to 15 explore issues they care about through a dance theater piece, which will be performed at Guild Hall on March 4. More information is online here. [$220/$230]
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.