This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.10.21
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high temperature near 33 degrees but wind chill values between 10 and 20, with a north wind 7 to 9 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of light snow after 2 a.m. overnight, with a low around 19. There’s a 20 percent chance of light snow before 10 a.m. Thursday, with partly sunny skies and a high near 31. Friday will be m67ostly cloudy, with a high near 28.
• The Bureau of Ocean Energy Management released its draft environmental impact statement (DEIS) on the South Fork Wind Farm in mid-January, and is now accepting comments online and at two more public forums tomorrow and next Tuesday, Feb. 16. Here are more details.
• We’re working with Drawdown East End on this new monthly series, Climate Local Now, on what you can do in your own backyard to help stop climate change. Here’s the first installment.
• East Hampton Town, which is working to establish a community Covid-19 vaccination site at the former CDCH charter school in Wainscott, is looking for volunteer community members to staff the site. Licensed practical nurses, dentists, EMTs, medical students, and related medical professionals may be able to take NYS vaccinator training and help to give shots, and the town is also looking for vounteer traffic coordinators, security, greeters, data input and IT techs to assist people with filling out online forms. Here’s how you can sign up to help.
• The Peconic Land Trust and the Peconic Estuary Program are presenting a Zoom program on creating a living shoreline this Thursday at 6 p.m. Here are the details.
• Suffolk County reported 712 new cases of Covid-19 in the 24 hours ending Tuesday, with 5.3 percent of people tested testing positive. There are currently 660 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, wtih 132 of them in ICU and 22 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported 16 new deaths from the virus on Tuesday, bringing the death toll here to 2,901.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:31 a.m., 8:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:39 a.m., 8 p.m.
Greenport: 9:08 a.m., 9:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:06 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:03 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:30 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:37 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:48 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:57 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:17 a.m., 9:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:25 a.m., 8:46 p.m.
Greenport: 9:54 a.m., 10:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:54 a.m., 11:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:49 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:16 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:23 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:34 a.m., 9 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:43 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.