This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.14.19
• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 41 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a west wind 9 to 17 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with the temperature rising to around 40 by 5 a.m. Friday. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers Friday, mainly after 1 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 53. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 40.
• The first of many Thursday night “Hangouts” in the artist takeover of the Southampton Arts Center will be held this evening from 6 to 8 p.m. with real-time composer (and Beacon creative director) George Cork Maul. Come by and visit!
• Greenport Village notified residents yesterday that there is a phone scam going around saying Greenport Utilities has been “taken over” by PSEG. This is not true. The village is urging Greenport Utilities customers to not pay any money to anyone saying they are from PSEG, and to report suspicious activity to 631.477.0248.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss a potential waste-to-energy plant, the Calverton Sewer District upgrade and public safety at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss changes to the town’s rental property code at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• Don’t forget to help the National Estuary Program with its annual Valentine to estuaries, the #iheartestuaries campaign. Help us join in! Get the details in The Peconic Bathtub.
• A few Valentine’s Day ideas if you’re feeling lonely or blue: A potluck and screening of “Trouble in Paradise” this evening at 6 p.m. at Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library, or a cosy screening of “Casablanca” at the Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center this evening at 7:30 p.m.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:47 a.m., 5:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:55 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Greenport: 5:24 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:57 a.m., 6:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:19 a.m., 5:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:46 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:53 a.m., 7:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:21 a.m., 4:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:30 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:46 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:54 a.m., 5:21 p.m.
Greenport: 6:23 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:18 a.m., 6:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:45 a.m., 8:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:52 a.m., 8:19 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:28 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:37 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.