This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.14.20
• It will gradually become sunny today, with a high temperature near 33 degrees and a northwest wind 13 to 21 miles per hour. It will be clear overnight, with a low around 10. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 34 and Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 43.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a special Valentine’s Day Light the Winter Night Trail Walk this evening from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The folks at North Fork Audubon are hosting an informational session on how to use eBird to participate in this weekend’s Great Backyard Bird Count, an international citizen science project, this Saturday, Feb. 15 at 10 a.m. at Inlet Pond County Park in Greenport. More details are online here.
• The Greenport Fire Department holds its annual Washington’s Birthday Parade through downtown Greenport tomorrow at 1 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Mattituck Fire Department at the corner of Wickham and Pike streets in Mattituck will hold a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. tomorrow, Feb. 15. The Eastern Front Brewing Company, around the corner on the Main Road, is offering a Pint for a Pint promotion in conjunction with the blood drive.
• The Greenport Gazette’s Poetry Jam 2020 is taking flight this Saturday, Feb. 15 with an evening of poetry featuring local poets Stella Keating Billy Hands and Vivian Eyre at The Lin Beach House in Greenport. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:29 a.m., 1:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:37 a.m., 1 p.m.
Greenport: 2:06 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:59 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:01 a.m., 2:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:28 a.m., 3:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:35 a.m., 3:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:47 a.m., 1:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:13 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:28 a.m., 2:55 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:36 a.m., 2:03 p.m.
Greenport: 3:05 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:56 a.m., 4:29 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:27 a.m., 4:54 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:34 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:42 a.m., 2:01 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.