• This snow is supposed to end around noon, after dropping 3 to 5 inches across the East End. NWS is predicting accumulations will be higher on the south shore than the north.
• Our hearts go out to the families of Tanya Lawrence and her daughter Danielle Lawrence, who were murdered by Ms. Lawrence’s boyfriend at their home in Wading River Sunday night. The younger Ms. Lawrence was a regular on the Blue Masques stage at Riverhead High School and a member of the school orchestra. The school is making counselors available during winter break for anyone who needs to talk about what happened. For more information, call the school at 631.369.6723.
• Peconic Landing is hosting a celebration of the achievements of African American women this coming Saturday, Feb. 21 at 3 p.m. in the auditorium. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Do you want to join the Am O’Gansett parade on March 14? It’s one of the shortest and zaniest St. Patrick’s Day parades around. If so, sign up here: http://bit.ly/1E27apF
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold its biweekly meeting at 7 p.m. tomorrow night, a change from their normal Tuesday meeting schedule. When their agenda is ready, it will be online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light today.