This Morning’s Bulletin — 2.18.20
• There’s a slight chance of rain and snow before 9 a.m., followed by rain throughout the day, with a high temperature near 49 degrees and a southeast wind 8 to 13 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain this evening before midnight, then a chance of showers, mainly between midnight and 4 a.m., with a night-time low around 40 and a southwest wind 8 to 11 miles per hour, becoming northwest after midnight. Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a steady temperature around 40 and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
• The Southold Anti-Bias Task Force is hosting “Synergy 2020,” billed as a “series of respectful and open conversations between the Southold Town Police Department and all members of the community” tomorrow, Feb. 19 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library. More details are online here.
• Today’s East Hampton Town Board work session and Thursday’s Southampton Town Board work session have been cancelled due to the holiday week.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton hosts a discussion on “Painting Trees” with artist Carly Haffner this Thursday, Feb. 20 at 6 p.m. More details are online here.
• Tickets are still on sale for Community Action Southold Town’s annual Young at Heart dinner, to be held next Friday, Feb. 28 at the Greenport Harbor Brewing Company in Peconic. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:45 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:53 a.m., 5:24 p.m.
Greenport: 6:22 a.m., 6:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:03 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:17 a.m., 6:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:44 a.m., 8:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:51 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:38 a.m., 5:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:47 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:42 a.m., 7:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:50 a.m., 6:16 p.m.
Greenport: 7:19 a.m., 7:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:04 a.m., 8:39 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:14 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:41 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:48 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:40 a.m., 6:11 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:49 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.