Good Morning, and Happy Groundhog Day!
• Snow is likely this morning, mainly before 9 a.m., with accumulation of less than half an inch possible. The day will start out cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a temperature falling to around 25 by 5 p.m., with a northwest wind 17 to 22 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 33. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 8. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 28. There’s an 80 percent chance of rain and snow Sunday morning, with new snow accumulation of less than half an inch and a high temperature near 41.
• In response to community requests, Stony Brook Southampton Hospital is holding another flu vaccination clinic for adults only (18 years of age and older) this morning, Feb. 2 from 9 a.m. to noon. The clinic will take place in Parrish Memorial Hall, which is located on the corner of Herrick Road and Lewis Street in Southampton. No appointment is necessary, but identification is required.
• The East End Fringe Festival is kicking off its 2018 season with a free screening of the documentary “Play Time,” about local Long Island theater, at Riverhead’s Vail-Leavitt Music Hall this evening, Feb. 2, at 7 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Neo-Political Cowgirls present “Zima,” an interactive winter journey that combines mystery, poetry, theater and exploration, tomorrow, Feb. 3 from 1 to 3 p.m. at Montauk County Park. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in The Beacon’s Events Calendar.
• Tickets are now available for Community Action Southold Town’s Have-A-Heart dinner for the organization’s winter emergency fund, to be held Feb. 15 at Peconic Landing, More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:56 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:04 a.m., 10:30 p.m.
Greenport: 11:33 a.m., 11:59 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:11 a.m., 12:32 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:28 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:29 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:36 a.m., 1:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:19 a.m., 8:54 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:48 a.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:56 a.m., 11:23 p.m.
Greenport: 12:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1 a.m., 1:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:21 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:28 a.m., 1:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:10 a.m., 9:46 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.