• We’re expecting a 20 percent chance of showers before 1 p.m. today, with skies becoming mostly sunny in the afternoon, with a high temperature near 59 degrees and a southwest wind 10 to 15 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 28 mph. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 25. There’s a 20 percent chance of snow on Thursday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 36. We’re expecting snow and sleet before 8 a.m. Friday, then rain, with a high near 42.
• East End Congressman Lee Zeldin is expected today to announce his running mate for Lieutenant Governor in his bid for Governor of New York this fall. What we know so far? She will be a woman. Stay tuned.
• Guild Hall in East Hampton is embarking this spring on a facility-wide capital improvement project to reimagine its building at 158 Main Street for 21st Century audiences. Read More.
• Southold Town announced Wednesday that it will be distributing free rapid Covid-19 tests to residents on Monday, Feb. 28 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the town’s Human Resource Center at 750 Pacific Street in Mattituck, and, also on Feb. 28, from 4 to 8 p.m at the Peconic Lane Recreation Center at 970 Peconic Lane in Peconic.
• The Loyal Order of the Moose Lodge at 51 Madison Street in Riverhead hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive, sponsored by State Senator Anthony Palumbo, this afternoon from noon to 6 p.m. Appointments are recommended and can be made online here.
• Live Jazz from the Arts Center at Duck Creek’s online winter concert series, recorded live at Bar Bayeux in Brooklyn, continues this week with a performance by the Kazemde George Quintet now uploaded to Duck Creek’s YouTube channel.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:21 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:29 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Greenport: 2:58 a.m., 3:27 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:48 a.m., 4:28 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:53 a.m., 3:22 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:20 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:27 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:30 a.m., 1:53 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:02 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:27 a.m., 4:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:04 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Greenport: 4:04 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:50 a.m., 5:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:59 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:26 a.m., 6 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:33 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:29 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:38 a.m., 1:06 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.