• We’re expecting sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 43 degrees but wind chill values between 15 and 25, with a light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 34. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 48 and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 45.
• Suffolk County reported 244 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, Feb. 7, with 4.9 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 358 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 57 of them in ICU. The county reported nine new fatalities from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 4,276 people since March of 2020.
• Concerned Citizens of Montauk President Laura Tooman is hosting two informal virtual open house conversations about Montauk and CCOM’s environmental priorities via Zoom on Thursday, Feb. 17 and Thursday, March 17, both at 5 p.m. For more information on how to register, visit PreserveMontauk.org/Events
• Southold Town’s American Red Cross Lifeguard training classes begin this Sunday — lifeguards are in high demand here throughout the summer season. Here’s how to sign up.
• The Hamptons Observatory hosts a Zoom conversation with Dr. Nicolas Altobelli of the European Space Agency about the agency’s mission to study the icy moons of Jupiter this afternoon, Feb. 9 at 1 p.m. Here’s more info.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge hosts a Zoom conversation on the history of the refuge this evening, Feb. 9 at 6 p.m. Here’s more info.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:12 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:20 a.m., 3:49 p.m.
Greenport: 4:49 a.m., 5:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:25 a.m., 6:04 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:44 a.m., 5:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:11 a.m., 6:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:18 a.m., 6:47 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:58 a.m., 3:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:07 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:14 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:22 a.m., 4:50 p.m.
Greenport: 5:51 a.m., 6:19 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:22 a.m., 7:03 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:46 a.m., 6:14 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:13 a.m., 7:41 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:20 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:49 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:58 a.m., 2:31 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.