Good Morning! Have some coffee, it’s time for some government updates.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss a possible first time homebuyer exemption from the Community Preservation Fund transfer tax, a new bus shelter proposed outside town hall and single-stream recycling at their 9 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. At their 7:30 p.m. meeting tonight, they’ll hold a public hearing on parking restrictions on Village Lane in Orient and a change in the definition of tents under the special events code. Their agenda for both meetings is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board meets at 1 p.m. this afternoon. They’ll be holding several public hearings on CPF acquisitions, parking restrictions and property maintenance violations. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss roads and Fort Pond House at its 10 a.m. work session at the Montauk Firehouse this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Watermill Center is partnering with OLA of Eastern Long Island to host a series of children’s art workshops with Latin American artists throughout the spring. These free workshops begin on March 15. More information is online here.
• Community Action Southold Town’s annual Have-A-Heart Dinner, originally scheduled for Valentine’s Day weekend but postponed because of snow, will now be held March 21 at Peconic Landing. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.