• Today will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 47 degrees and a southeast wind 7 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain overnight, mainly after midnight. We’re expecting rain on Friday, mainly before 2 p.m. with a high near 61. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 51.
• An employee of the Southold Fish Market has tested positive for the new coronavirus, the market announced on Facebook Wednesday evening. “As a precaution, we have sanitized the entire establishment and will close tomorrow so the Board of Health can be notified and a protocol be established. Thank you for your understanding.” The Beacon’s story is online here.
• Coronavirus Update: Northwell Health’s GoHealth urgent care centers get clearance to do testing and Southampton Hospital is “moving forward with plans to create a forward triage area in Parrish Memorial Hall and identifying surge areas in the hospital” in anticipation of an increased volume of patients seeking care. The Beacon’s updated story is online here.
• A growing number East End events have be cancelled due to concerns about the possible spread of the new coronavirus at large gatherings. We’re updating our list regularly.
• The New York State Office of the Attorney General has instituted an online complaint form for any price gouging found by the public as they shop for supplies to get through the crisis.
• Southampton Town reminds residents they can get many town permits online at the town’s e-permit portal if they don’t want to make the trip to town hall in light of this crisis.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:16 a.m., 12:43 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:51 a.m.
Greenport: 12:53 a.m., 1:20 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:51 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:48 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:15 a.m., 2:42 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:22 a.m., 2:49 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:55 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:04 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:09 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:17 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Greenport: 1:46 a.m., 2:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:41 a.m., 3:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:41 a.m., 2:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:08 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:15 a.m., 3:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:27 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:58 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.