Good Morning and Happy St. Patrick’s Day
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 37 degrees and a northwest wind 11 to 17 miles per hour. We’re expecting increasing clouds overnight, with a low around 24. There’s a 60 percent chance of snow Saturday morning, changing to rain and snow in the afternoon, with a high near 40. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow before 10 a.m. Sunday, when the high is expected to be near 39 degrees.
• The Hampton Bays Hibernians’ St. Patrick’s Day Parade will be held tomorrow, March 18 at 11 a.m. and the parades in Jamesport and Montauk will be held next weekend. More details on all upcoming St. Patrick’s Day events are online here.
• The North Fork Community Theatre’s new production of “Female of the Species” opens tonight and runs through April 2. Stay tuned this weekend for our review of the show. Ticket details are online here.
• The East Marion Community Association will host Defend H2O President Kevin McAllister for his presentation, “Living on the Edge — What Will Climate Change Mean for the North Fork,” this Saturday, March 18 at 10 a.m. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The Perfect Earth Project will lead a free family Native Bee Hotel Workshop this Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. at the Southampton Arts Center. Registration is limited. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend and in the weeks ahead. Get the details on art openings, nature activities, book readings, film screenings, live theater and music in our events calendar, online here, this weekend and in the weeks ahead.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:42 a.m., 2:10 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 12:50 a.m., 1:18 p.m.
Greenport: 2:19 a.m., 2:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:06 a.m., 3:35 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 2:14 a.m., 2:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:41 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:48 a.m., 4:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:20 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:31 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 1:39 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Greenport: 3:08 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:49 a.m., 4:22 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 3:03 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:30 a.m., 5 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:37 a.m., 5:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:06 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.