This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.19.18
• Skies will gradually clear today, with a high near 42 degrees but wind chill values between 10 and 20, with a north wind around 11 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 21. There’s a 30 percent chance of snow Tuesday, mainly after 5 p.m., but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. There’s a 50 percent chance of snow Wednesday, with a high near 38.
• Plans for the final honors for four members of the 106th Rescue Wing who died in Iraq on March 15 are still in the works. We will have further details and updates at this post.
• The Riverhead Town Board’s qualified and eligible hearing for the CAT purchase of a large portion of EPCAL has been rescheduled for this evening, Monday, March 19 at 6 p.m. at the Pulaski Street School. The hearing had originally been scheduled for last Tuesday, but was rescheduled due to snow.
• Long Island Center for Recovery and the Southampton Town Police Department are offering their second free Addiction Awareness Seminar and NARCAN Training this Thursday, March 22 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Flanders Community Center, 655 Flanders Road, Flanders. More details are online here.
• The sixth annual Long Island Natural History Conference will take place Friday through Saturday, March 23 through 24, with lectures Friday and Saturday in the Berkner auditorium at Brookhaven National Laboratory. More details are online here.
• Nineteen of the South Fork’s cultural institutions have formed a new group, the Hamptons Arts Network, to work together to promote artistic endeavors in the Hamptons. They’re planning their first joint endeavor, THAW FEST, next weekend throughout the South Fork. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:03 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:11 a.m., 11:27 p.m.
Greenport: 12:18 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:09 a.m., 1:33 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:13 a.m., 12:35 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:40 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:47 a.m., 2:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:12 a.m., 9:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:19 a.m., 12:44 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:52 a.m.
Greenport: 12:56 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:48 a.m., 2:16 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:51 a.m., 1:16 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:18 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:25 a.m., 2:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:54 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.