• We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies today, with a high temperature near 33 degrees and a chance of scattered flurries after 2 p.m. It will be breezy overnight, with a northwest wind around 21 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 32. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 18. Tomorrow will be sunny, with a high near 40. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high temperature near 45 degrees and a west wind 5 to 8 miles per hour and a 20 percent chance of rain, snow, and sleet after 2 p.m.
• This week on Behind The Headlines on 88.3 WLIW-FM, Beacon Editor Beth Young joined a panel discussing ongoing developments at the Enterprise Park at Calverton, community planning initiatives on the East End, the controversy over a proposed justice court in Southold, and the ongoing Truck Beach controversy in East Hampton. You can listen online here.
• Bridgehampton High School at 2685 Montauk Highway in Bridgehampton plays host from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. today to a New York Blood Center blood drive — here’s how to make an appointment. The Greenport American Legion Roller Rink at 102 Third Street is also hosting a NYBC blood drive today from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments can be made online here.
• The Hampton Bays Civic Association will discuss the perennial problem of traffic and whether it can be fixed at their monthly virtual meeting this evening at 7 p.m. Here’s how to log on.
• Suffolk County reported 136 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, March 26, with 2 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 54 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with nine of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 4,359 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:36 a.m., 8:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:44 a.m., 7:09 p.m.
Greenport: 8:13 a.m., 8:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:02 a.m., 9:35 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:08 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:35 a.m., 10 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:42 a.m., 10:07 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:38 a.m., 7:14 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:47 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:27 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:35 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
Greenport: 9:04 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10 a.m., 10:27 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:59 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:26 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:33 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:37 a.m., 8:08 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:46 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.