Good Chilly Morning!
• We’re expecting highs in the high 20s today, with the forecast improving to the mid-30s for the rest of the week, with a few snow showers expected Thursday night.
• Riverhead Town is holding a public hearing on a redevelopment of the BP Station (formerly Citgo) on West Main Street, which would include a donut shop, at their 2 p.m. meeting today. Their agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the management plan for the 57-acre Duke Estate adjacent to the former Boys Harbor camp on Three Mile Harbor, and changes to the facilities at Indian Wells Beach in Amagansett at their 10 a.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss a decentralized wastewater study with Glynis Berry of Peconic Green Growth at their 1 p.m. work session today. Their agenda is online here.
• The Flanders community garden meeting originally scheduled for last night has been postponed until March 11 at the David Crohan Community Center on Flanders Road.
• Riverhead Town is holding another one of its fancy-dancy ribbon cuttings downtown this Thursday, this time for Joe’s Garage and Grill in the new Summerwind Building on Peconic Avenue. Joe’s Garage and Grill is not a garage. It’s a grill. But the place has some groovy garage doors on the outside walls of the grill that were purchased through a $12,500 Main Street revitalization grant from New York State, which was given out by Riverhead Town. The restaurant will be open to the public on March 20.
• Also on March 6, volunteers will be explaining the Affordable Care Act at the Riverhead Free Library from 6 to 8 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.