• We’re expecting snow throughout the day today, with temperature falling to around 24 degrees by 1 p.m. and 3 to 7 inches of accumulation by the end of the day. Wind chill values will be between 15 and 20 degrees, with a north wind of 9 to 13 miles per hour.
• East Hampton’s big public hearing on aircraft noise has been rescheduled from this afternoon to 4:30 p.m. March 12 at LTV Studios in Wainscott due to the snow. Schools throughout the East End are also closed today.
• Southold and Southampton towns are hosting a joint convocation this Saturday, March 7 at 3 p.m. to celebrate both towns’ 375th anniversaries. The celebration will be held at the First Presbyterian Church at 2 South Main Street in Southampton, followed by a reception and exhibit opening at the Southampton Historical Society’s Rogers Mansion. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Speaking of the 375th Anniversaries, Southold’s libraries have just unveiled a website, sundaystory.org, to highlight their Sunday lecture series for the town’s anniversary year. Southold is also planning a celebration of the Benjamin Franklin mile markers. The Beacon’s full story on the mile markers is online here.
• Riverhead Town is seeking offers to buy its East Lawn building, a pink clapboard 1850 Italianate two-story historic house, built in 1850, which has been converted to office space. If you’re interested, contact Councilwoman Jodi Giglio at 631.727.3200, ext. 225.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.