• Today will be sunny, with a high near 49 degrees and a northwest wind 7 to 14 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 32. There’s a slight chance of rain and snow between 9 and 10 a.m. Friday, then rain likely, with an east wind 7 to 13 miles per hour and a high near 43. There’s a 30 percent chance of light snow before 7 a.m. Saturday, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradually clearing, with a high near 42.
• Progressive East End Reformers is hosting a discussion with Democratic congressional candidates for New York’s First Congressional District on this evening from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the community room of the Bridgehampton National Bank in Bridgehampton. More details are online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss amending the historic and conservation easement for The Madoo Conservancy and a change of zone application for a property in Quiogue at its 10 a.m. work session this morning at town hall.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the Riverhead Rotary Club’s annual grant, seasonal coverage funds and radio systems for the Riverhead Volunteer Ambulance Corps, garbage collection and a possible cul-de-sac on Dogwood Lane in Wading River at its 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold one public hearing, on a grant of scenic and conservation easement, at its 6:30 p.m. meeting this evening at town hall.
• The Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansettt hosts a “Rock the Retreat Benefit” this evening at 7 p.m. to raise funds for the domestic violence support and advocacy group The Retreat, with music by Jay Schneiderman & Friends, The Rum Hill Rockers and Sup De Jour with Peter Van Scoyoc. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:02 a.m., 6:29 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:10 a.m., 5:37 p.m.
Greenport: 6:39 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:11 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:34 a.m., 7:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:01 a.m., 8:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:08 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:34 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:43 a.m., 3:32 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 6:52 a.m., 7:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Greenport: 7:29 a.m., 7:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:11 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:24 a.m., 7:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 8:51 a.m., 9:15 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:58 a.m., 9:22 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 5:42 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 3:51 a.m., 4:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.