• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40 but wind chill values between 10 and 20, with light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 7 miles per hour in the afternoon. There’s a 20 percent chance of light rain overnight, with a low around 35. There’s a slight chance of rain early Tuesday, with a high near 54 degrees, and showers are also possible Wednesday morning, before skies clear throughout the day, with a high near 59.
• The Hampton Bays-based ecological group Ecological Culture Initiative has big plans for 2017, starting this coming Wednesday, March 8 with the unveiling of a new seed library at the Hampton Bays Library. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Offshore wind developer Deepwater Wind, which in January was awarded a Long Island Power Authority bid to provide energy to the South Fork from a new wind farm 30 miles off Montauk, is hosting an East Hampton open house this Thursday to give members of the public an overview of their plans. More details are online here.
• The Suffolk County Water Authority announced Thursday that they will soon begin installing 6,520 feet of water main along Long Beach Road in Noyac to greatly improve fire protection and water distribution in the Village of North Haven. More details are online here.
• Many of you have been asking me for years where you can pick up a copy of the East End Beacon, which is a thought that just about knocks my socks off. Well, starting in April, we will have a real live print edition, in addition to everything that’s going on here and now online. Here are some details.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:05 a.m., 4:35 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 3:13 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
Greenport: 4:42 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:25 a.m., 6:07 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 4:37 a.m., 3:57 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:04 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:11 a.m., 6:41 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:09 a.m., 1:47 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:14 a.m., 5:41 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 4:22 a.m., 4:49 p.m.
Greenport: 5:51 a.m., 6:18 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:32 a.m., 7:12 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 5:46 a.m., 6:13 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:13 a.m., 7:40 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:20 a.m., 7:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:14 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.