This Morning’s Bulletin — 3.6.19
• We’re expecting increasing clouds throughout the day today, with a high near 29 degrees but wind chill values between zero and 10, with a northwest wind 14 to 18 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 13. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 33. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
• At a time when many other local newspapers are putting up paywalls, we lay out our case for free access to our website in this month’s editorial, online here.
• Southold Town Supervisor Scott Russell will give his annual State of the Town address this evening at 6 p.m. in the town hall meeting room. All are welcome to attend.
• Riverhead Town Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith has rescheduled her Wading River listening tour session for next Tuesday, March 12 at 6 p.m. at the Wading River Congregational Church at 2057 North Country Road. All are welcome to come share their concerns with the supervisor.
• Kent Animal Shelter in Riverhead is offering free and low cost spaying and neutering of cats — the service will be free for feral cats and $25 for domesticated cats — throughout the months of March and April. For more information or to make an appointment, call 631.727.5731 ext. 2.
• The North Fork Community Theatre is holding auditions for The Drowsy Chaperone, the first production in its newly renovated theater, on March 13 and 14 at 7 p.m. at the American Legion Hall on the Corner of Wickham and Pike in Mattituck. The Drowsy Chaperone is a fun ensemble show with over a dozen featured soloist and acting roles for men and women of all ages. Please be prepared to sing 32 bars of a Broadway style song. For more info, contact director, Mary Motto Kalich at 917.334.6639 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:46 a.m., 10:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 8:54 a.m., 9:14 p.m.
Greenport: 10:23 a.m., 10:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:15 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:18 a.m., 10:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:45 a.m.
South Jamesport: 11:52 a.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 8:51 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7 a.m., 7:21 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:25 a.m., 10:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:33 a.m., 9:53 p.m.
Greenport: 11:02 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:52 a.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:57 a.m., 11:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:05 a.m., 12:24 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:12 a.m., 12:31 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 9:26 a.m., 9:45 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:35 a.m., 7:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.