This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.10.20
• Today will be mostly sunny, and windy with a high near 51 and a west wind 25 to 29 mph. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 34. Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 51. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
• New York State’s unemployment website was set to be rebooted Thursday evening in a new partnership with Google that the state intends to use to streamline the unemployment process, after weeks of crashes. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• One hundred twenty-two students in the Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook University received their diploma two months early on April 8, and nearly half have raised their hands to be deployed to the front lines of the fight against Covid-19. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Hudson River Health Care clinic at Riverhead’s County Center at 300 Center Drive is opening today for free mobile Covid-19 testing, by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 845.553.8030. The center will be testing people who have a temperature greater than 100.5 degrees, severe shortness of breath or a persistent cough. All are welcome to call, regardless of insurance or immigration status, and Spanish language information is available.
• Suffolk County Executive Steve Bellone said Thursday that 39 more people had died of Covid-19 in Suffolk in the past 24 hours, bringing the county’s total deaths to 362. “I never, ever imagined we would be in a position where we were reporting this number of fatalities on a daily basis,” he said. Mr. Bellone said 1,595 people are currently hospitalized with Covid-19 in Suffolk, 531 of them in intensive care, with 19,184 total positive cases in the county.
• On the East End, there were 263 positive cases of Covid-19 in Southampton Town, 249 in Southold Town, 196 in Riverhead, 83 in East Hampton and four on Shelter Island by the end of the day Thursday.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:31 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
Greenport: 12:29 a.m., 1 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:27 a.m., 2 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:24 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:51 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:58 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:35 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:44 a.m., 10:11 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:45 a.m., 1:17 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:25 p.m.
Greenport: 1:22 a.m., 1:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:17 a.m., 2:52 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:17 a.m., 1:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:44 a.m., 3:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:51 a.m., 3:23 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:02 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:39 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.