• We’re expecting isolated showers before noon today, followed by scattered showers and thunderstorms between noon and 3 p.m, tapering off to isolated showers after 3 p.m. Otherwise, it will be partly sunny, with a high near 65 degrees. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 39. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 58 and Friday will be sunny, with a high near 61.
• The iconic Sag Harbor Cinema, whose façade was destroyed by fire in December 2016, is slated to be purchased by the Sag Harbor Partnership to become the site of a new non-profit Sag Harbor Cinema Arts Center. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• “There is hope, but we’re still at the brink,” said Dr. Chris Gobler in his 2017 State of the Bays Address April 7. “We need to talk about climate change.” The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Former New York Times journalist Judith Miller, who was jailed for refusing to reveal her sources during her reporting on the Iraq war, will be the guest speaker this evening at Stony Brook Southampton’s Writers Speak Wednesdays, where she will discuss her new book, “The Story: A Reporter’s Journey.” The program begins with a reception at 6:30 p.m., followed by the lecture at 7 p.m. More details are online here. [Free]
• OLA and Long Island Jobs with Justice will hold a Rapid Response Network training to help support immigrants this Friday, April 14 at the Bridgehampton Community House, 2357 Montauk Highway, Bridgehampton at 5:30 p.m. Register on Eventbrite.
• Registration is open for the North Fork Environmental Council’s Second Annual Earth Day 5K to benefit the group’s scholarship program, to be held on Sunday, April 23 at Indian Island County Park. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:29 a.m., 11:43 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 10:37 a.m., 10:51 p.m.
Greenport: 12:06 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:38 a.m., 1:05 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:01 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:07 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:45 a.m., 9:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:31 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 11:21 a.m., 11:34 p.m.
Greenport: 12:20 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:16 a.m., 1:44 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 12:15 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:42 a.m., 2:12 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:49 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:25 a.m., 9:43 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.