• Today we’re expecting showers, mainly before noon and a high near 62 degrees, with a southwest wind of 5 to 9 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 32 degrees. Tomorrow will be sunny, with a high near 63, Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 54 and Friday there’s a chance of showers, with a high near 62.
• An angry crowd of Flanders, Riverside and Northampton residents packed last night’s Flanders, Riverside, Northampton Community Association meeting demanding to know why FRNCA is asking Southampton Town to research the establishment of a garbage district in their neighborhoods, which would be paid for through new property taxes. At one point, several police officers were called to the Crohan Community Center to quell the angry crowd. The Southampton Town Board is expected to hold a public hearing and perhaps hold a public referendum on the issue later this year. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss community outreach on CPF acquisitions in the Lake Montauk watershed, SEQRA for the proposed airport restrictions, truck restrictions and recycling bins at their 10 a.m. work session this morning at the Montauk Firehouse. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on whether to a grant historic landmark designation to the former Conscience Point Inn at their 1 p.m. meeting this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss ZBA fees and a wetlands permit at their 10 a.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• Earth Day celebrations begin on the East End this weekend. The Beacon’s Earth Day listings are online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.