This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.17.18
• There’s a 20 percent chance of afternoon showers today, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 49 degrees and a west wind 14 to 16 miles per hour. It will be cloudy overnight, with a low around 34. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 55. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 51 and a 50 percent chance of rain.
• An enthusiastic group of more than 50 unabashed nerds and nature lovers from the North Fork and throughout Long Island converged on downtown Riverhead the balmy morning of April 14 to share their love for all things analytical and real. Read our account of the local March For Science.
• Suffolk County has been granted intervener status in New York State’s lawsuit against the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency over the agency’s proposed dredge spoil dumping site in the Long Island Sound, at the urging of North Fork Legislator Al Krupski. More details are online here.
• The vote originally scheduled for today on whether to send students at the New Suffolk School to other districts has been cancelled, after the district finalized a deal with teacher Martha Kennelly. The school board will hold a budget hearing on April 24.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hear an update on the East Hampton Airport’s FAA Restriction application and hear recommendations from the town’s Airport Management Advisory Committee at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss dock renovation law revisions, the baymen’s committee, signs on St. Mary’s Road and the Levinson dock application at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board meets this evening at 7 p.m. No public hearings are scheduled. Their full agenda is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:37 a.m., 11:50 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:45 a.m., 10:58 p.m.
Greenport: 12:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:41 a.m., 1:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:06 a.m., 1:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:13 a.m., 1:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:51 a.m., 9:04 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:31 a.m., 11:44 p.m.
Greenport: 12:27 a.m., 1 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:23 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:22 a.m., 12:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:49 a.m., 2:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:56 a.m., 2:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:38 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.