Good Morning! A bunch of community groups could use some help with volunteer projects this weekend.
• Suffolk County is looking for citizen input on our collective knowledge of natural hazards in our environment in order to help them develop a hazard mitigation plan. Their survey is online here.
• The Amagansett Chamber of Commerce is looking for volunteers to help sweep Amagansett’s beaches tomorrow, beginning at 8:30 a.m. at Indian Wells Beach. They will supply the garbage bags and gloves and will transport the garbage to the dump. Healthy snacks will be served after the sweep…and maybe some Easter candy for the kids…
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge is looking for help with a sewing project. They need a new carry case for the display board that they bring to fairs and events, either in canvas or thick nylon, about 26″ by 32″. If you’re interested, contact them via their Facebook page.
• The Long Island Native Plant Initiative will be at the greenhouse at the Eastern Campus of the Suffolk County Community College on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. They will be cleaning seed and transplanting and are looking for volunteers to help out.
• The works in Southold Historical Society’s annual art auction, which will be held next Saturday, are now on view online at liveauctioneers.com.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.