This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.19.17
• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 51 degrees and a southeast wind 9 to 11 miles per hour. We’re expecting light rain overnight, with a low around 46. There’s a 50 percent chance of light rain Thursday, with a high near 60 degrees, and a 50 percent chance of showers on Friday, with a high near 64.
• As the East End’s Methodist churches continue to consolidate as historic church buildings are sold off, the community in Orient is rallying behind their historic 1836 church building at the corner of Village Lane and Orchard Street. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Earth Day is just around the corner. If you’re finding it isn’t easy being green, take some tips from our bumbling green correspondent, Glenn Joachum of the Earthtones (the only band that is always booked on Earth Day) in his first column, “Going Green, By Degrees.”
• Julie Shigekuni, author of “In Plain View” and recipient of the PEN Oakland Josephine Miles Award for Excellence in Literature, will be the guest speaker tonight at Stony Brook Southampton’s Writers Speak Wednesdays. The event begins with a reception at 6:30 p.m. and the talk begins at 7. More details are online here. [Free]
• The East Hampton Library’s Tom Twomey Lecture Series continues tomorrow night, April 20 at 6 p.m. with a talk on “From Farm to Table” with local farmers and food purveyors. More details are online here. [Free]
• North Fork Audubon is celebrating the return of the bald eagle to Long Island’s skies with a special presentation, “Bald Eagles on Long Island,” this Friday evening, April 21 at 7:30 p.m. at the Peconic Lane Community Center. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:40 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 3:48 a.m., 4:31 p.m.
Greenport: 5:17 a.m., 6 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:43 a.m., 6:24 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 5:12 a.m., 5:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:39 a.m., 7:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:46 a.m., 7:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:19 a.m., 1:59 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:39 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 4:47 a.m., 5:25 p.m.
Greenport: 6:16 a.m., 6:54 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:42 a.m., 7:20 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 6:11 a.m., 6:49 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:38 a.m., 8:16 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:45 a.m., 8:23 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:13 a.m., 2:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.