• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high near 52 degrees, with. southwest winds increasing throughout the day to the mid-teens. Tonight, we’re expecting a chance of showers after 9 p.m. and tomorrow will be cloudy, with a 70 percent chance of rain and a high near 54 degrees. The weather is expected to improve for Easter weekend, with the skies clearing throughout the day on Saturday, with a high of 51 degrees. Sunday is expected to be mostly sunny, with a high near 50 degrees.
• The organizers of Riverside Rediscovered had just a couple weeks to get the word out about the new art classes the Children’s Museum of the East End planned to hold in their Peconic Avenue headquarters, but it turns out they only needed a day to fill the program to the brim. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Stephen Talkhouse’s Outrageous Open Mic, hosted by Mick Hargreaves, returns tonight after a hiatus of a few months. Billed as the only open mic on the East End to boast a full backing band, the night kicks off at 8 p.m. More information is online here.
• The last film of Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library’s winter film series, “Kolya,” was postponed to tonight due to one of the many snowstorms we’ve faced over the past couple months. “Koyla” tells the story of a Czech cellist who plays at funerals to make ends meet at the tail end of the Cold War. There are plenty of great classic and art films to be seen on the East End this week. The Beacon’s full listings are online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board is slated to vote on several bond resolutions at their 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight, including one to install a gazebo at Kirk Park in Montauk. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hear an update on their energy park at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss CPF capital projects at their 10:30 a.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.