Pictured Above: Outside ELIH in Greenport
• There’s a 30 percent chance of rain today, mainly after 4 p.m., with a high temperature near 52 and a northwest wind 17 to 21 miles per hour. We’re expecting rain overnight, with a low around 42. Rain will taper off Friday, with a high temperature near 51 and a north wind 18 to 21 miles per hour. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 51.
• As of 2:30 p.m. Wednesday Suffolk County had 7,605 confirmed cases of Covid-19, with 897 patients hospitalized, 272 of them in intensive care. Suffolk County reports 152 cases in Southold Town, 123 in Southampton Town, 93 in Riverhead, 26 in East Hampton and one on Shelter Island, according to the county health department.
• New York’s March 20 disaster declaration for the coronavirus outbreak opens up Economic Injury Disaster Loans from the Small Business Administration for small businesses in New York State. Suffolk County has put together a page on its website with details on how to access those loans locally.
• The Village of Greenport will hold its annual reorganizational meeting via teleconference today at 6 p.m. To join the conference (listening only), dial in to 1.872.240.3412 and use the access code 375-047-357.
• The Quogue Wildlife Refuge is rolling out a YouTube channel called QWR Nature News, whose latest installment is on vermicomposting — composting with worms, a great tutorial for would-be gardeners.
• The Beacon’s April print edition is now on essential newsstands throughout the East End, with extra copies available at all grocery stores, pharmacies and 7-Eleven stores. Don’t leave the house if you don’t need to. We deliver! Subscribe online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.