• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 53 degrees, breezy, with a west wind 16 to 20 miles per hour. We’re under a freeze watch tonight, so don’t get cocky and plant your tomatoes today, with temperatures expected to be in the high 20s. Friday, we’re expecting patchy frost before 9 a.m., but otherwise mostly sunny, with a high near 54 degrees. Saturday and Sunday are expected to be mostly sunny, with highs in the high 50s.
• Poetry Street at the Blue Duck Bakery on East Main Street in Riverhead will hold their first-ever poetry month marathon beginning at 2 p.m. this Sunday, April 26. Featured poets from The Muse Exchange Travis “Jack Nimble ” Madison, & Frankie Soto will perform, as well as Pamela Kallimanis, Vivian Eyre, Adrienne Unger, Maggie Bloomfield, Nina Yavel, Maria Anderson, and other poets to be announced. Sign-up for open mic readings begins at 1:30 p.m. and open mic poets will alternate with the featured poets until every voice is heard. More information is online here.
• Southampton Town’s plastic bag ban went into effect yesterday, so don’t go to the grocery store without your own bags, or you might face the situation at the right next time you visit the Hampton Bays Stop & Shop. More information on the bag ban is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear an annual update from their sustainability committee, a presentation from United Way and a presentation on a proposed planning board task force at their 10:30 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss special events serving alcohol, the Suffolk Theater, EPCAL zoning, brewery legislation and the EPCAL bicycle path at their 10 a.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• Don’t forget to plan your week ahead with The Beacon’s events calendar.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.