• We’re expecting patchy frost before 9 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be sunny, with a high near 60 and a northeast wind 6 to 8 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 31 and areas of frost before 8 a.m. We’re expecting increasing clouds on Tuesday, with a high near 60. There’s an 80 percent chance of rain Wednesday, with a high near 56.
• Group for the East End has launched a new online portal to help citizens learn more about what they can do to help threatened animals all over New York State. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island is holding a community meeting to let Americans know what they can do to help their immigrant friends and neighbors in these difficult times this Wednesday, April 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church in Sag Harbor. All are welcome.
• The Sustainable Housing Network of the North Fork will meet this coming Wednesday, April 25 at 6:30 p.m. in the community room at Greenport’s Floyd Memorial Library. The group, which advocates for cooperative home ownership, will hear a presentation from home loan consultant Richard Kilfoil. All are welcome to attend.
• Southampton Town, Southampton Village and Suffolk County are partnering for a job fair on May 11 for prospective workers at the 2018 U.S. Open Golf Championship, to be held June 11 through 17 at Shinnecock Hills Golf Club. The job fair will run from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the lower level conference room at Southampton Town Hall.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 4:40 a.m., 5:19 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:48 a.m., 4:27 p.m.
Greenport: 5:17 a.m., 5:56 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:04 a.m., 6:47 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:12 a.m., 5:51 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:39 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:46 a.m., 7:25 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:47 a.m., 2:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:50 a.m., 6:23 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:58 a.m., 5:31 p.m.
Greenport: 6:27 a.m., 7 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:12 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:22 a.m., 6:55 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:49 a.m., 8:22 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:56 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:51 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.