• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 66 degrees and a west wind 10 to 17 miles per hour. Tonight will be mostly clear, with a low around 41. Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 59. Showers are likely on Friday, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 61.
• The North Fork Environmental Council, Peconic Land Trust and the Peconic Estuary Program are looking for volunteers to help plant spartina beach grass at Widow’s Hole Preserve, at the corner of Fourth and Clark streets in Greenport this morning from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. More details are online here. To RSVP, contact KKennedy@peconiclandtrust.org.
• OLA of Eastern Long Island is hosting a televised educational forum on restoring access to driver’s licenses to New York’s undocumented immigrant drivers this evening, April 24 at 7 p.m. at LTV Studios in Wainscott. All are welcome to attend. More details are online here.
• The New York State Legislature is holding a public hearing on a bill that would remove the state exemption on providing overtime pay to agricultural workers this Friday, April 26 from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Suffolk County Legislature headquarters at 725 Veterans Memorial Highway in Smithtown. Many East End farmers are concerned this could lead to a new wave of farm closures. For more details, call 631.360.3356.
• Today is the last day to reserve tickets for the Suffolk County Historical Society’s May 2 Tea & Talk, this year titled “The Fly Girls: The Women Airforce Service Pilots of World War II.” More details are online here.
• Southampton Town has announced it will hold an Earth Day celebration on May 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Good Ground Park in Hampton Bays, just one of a wide range of Earth Day activities in the upcoming weeks. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:02 a.m., 2:38 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:10 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Greenport: 2:39 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:30 a.m., 4:07 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:34 a.m., 3:10 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:01 a.m., 4:37 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:08 a.m., 4:44 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:16 a.m., 1:50 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:59 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:57 am., 3:36 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:05 a.m., 2:44 p.m.
Greenport: 3:34 a.m., 4:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:22 a.m., 5:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:29 a.m., 4:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:56 a.m., 5:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:03 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:06 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:15 a.m., 12:52 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.