This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.25.17
• We’re expecting rain today, with a high near 54 degrees and an east wind 22 to 24 miles per hour. We’re expecting heavy rain overnight, with a low around 50, with rain tapering off mid-day Wednesday. Thursday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 66.
• The Southold Town Board will discuss water conservation, the Fishers Island Sewer District and definitions of agriculture at their 9 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their regular session will be at 4:30 this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• Southampton Town Supervisor Jay Schneiderman will deliver his State of the Town address at tonight’s town board meeting at 6 p.m. in the town board room on the second floor at Southampton Town Hall. The address will also be carried live on SEA TV.
• The Southampton Town Board is also slated to hold a public hearing on whether to “designate the Town Supervisor as the Police Commissioner in the absence of any other appointment by the Town Board” at their 6 p.m. regular meeting tonight. Their full agenda is online here.
• SafeTALK suicide awareness training will be offered by the Family Service League at the Hampton Bays Senior Center on April 27 at 5:30 p.m. and at the Montauk Library on April 28 at 5 p.m. More details are online here.
The East Marion Community Association hosts a discussion on “Immigrants on the North Fork” with author Diana Gordon and landscaper Margarito Gonzales this Saturday, April 28 at 10 a.m. at the East Marion Firehouse. More details are online here.
Today’s high tides on the East End are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:34 a.m., 9:52 p.m.
MTK Hbr: 8:42 a.m., 9 p.m.
Greenport: 10:11 a.m., 10:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:10 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Sag Hbr: 10:06 a.m., 10:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:33 a.m., 11:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 11:40 a.m., 11:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 6:54 a.m., 7:15 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.