• We’re expecting patchy drizzle and areas of fog before 10 a.m. today, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 66 degrees and a calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 miles per hour in the afternoon. We’re expecting a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight and through the morning Friday, with skies clearing in the afternoon and a high near 74. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 74.
• Southampton Town Supervisor Jay Schneiderman pledged to work to make it so all the town’s electrical energy generation comes from renewable sources by 2025 and committed the town to do more to provide affordable housing in his State of the Town Address Tuesday evening. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Southold Town is known for its expansive farmland, but its town code has been silent for years on many modern agricultural practices. That changed this Tuesday. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the Riverhead Country Fair, a stormwater pollution awareness program, a Suffolk County farmland acquisition and a special permit application for Escapequest at 120 West Main Street at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board’s work session for this morning has been cancelled.
• Author and genealogist Sharon Atkin discusses her book, “With a Heart for any Fate: Hazel’s Memoir,” at Southampton Historical Museum’s Rogers Mansion this morning at 11 a.m. More details are online here.
• Dr. Frederick M. Walter will give a talk on “The Dark Side of the Sun,” sponsored by the Montauk Observatory this evening at 7 p.m. at the Southampton Cultural Center. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:10 a.m., 11:28 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:18 a.m., 10:36 p.m.
Greenport: 11:47 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:15 a.m., 12:49 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:42 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:37 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:44 a.m., 1:16 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:32 a.m., 8:50 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:01 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:09 a.m., 11:30 p.m.
Greenport: 12:05 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:04 a.m., 1:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: midnight, 12:33 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:27 a.m., 2 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:34 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:25 a.m., 9:42 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.