This Morning’s Bulletin — 4.30.18
• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers today, mainly after 4 p.m., but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 53 degrees and a west wind 11 to 14 miles per hour. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 40. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 70, and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 74.
• Our correspondent Kara Westerman had a chance this past month to catch up with Shinnecock photographer Camille Seaman, who is traveling the world in search of portraits of both nature and the people who inhabit the world. Read Kara’s piece online here.
• The Suffolk County Legislature has unanimously approved the purchase of 11 acres in downtown Jamesport known as “Sharper’s Hill,” the site of an ancient Native American burial ground. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Old Sound Avenue in Mattituck, from Love Lane to Westphalia Avenue, will be closed today, April 30 for road striping to better enhance one way street traffic. For questions, please call 631.765.5806.
• Things are finally beginning to bloom around here, and Greenport Village is celebrating spring with its second annual, self-guided Cherry Blossom Festival. The village government has a map of the self-guided Cherry Blossom walking tour of the village online here.
• JDTLab at Guild Hall in East Hampton presents selections from composer Jeffrey Leiser’s Viking opera, “Far Travelers,” tomorrow evening at 7:30 p.m. More details are online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:51 a.m., 11:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:59 a.m., 10:13 p.m.
Greenport: 11:28 a.m., 11:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:01 a.m., 12:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:23 a.m., 11:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:20 a.m., 12:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:27 a.m., 12:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:11 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:36 a.m., 11:49 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:44 a.m., 10:57 p.m.
Greenport: 12:13 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:42 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:08 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:04 a.m., 1:35 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:11 a.m., 1:42 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:54 a.m., 9:13 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.