• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 63 degrees and a calm wind becoming north 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. It will be partly cloudy overnight, with a low around 43. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 61 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
• International Dark Sky Week is April 5 through April 12. Group for the East End President Bob DeLuca shares his thoughts with us on turning off outside lights this week and seeing what wonders the night sky holds for you.
• Southold Town and a consortium of North Fork civic associations are holding a virtual forum on affordable housing this evening at 7 p.m. Panelists, including representatives from Southold Town and prospective affordable housing developers, will discuss some of the setbacks that have faced the development of affordable housing in the past, and what the public can do to help facilitate affordable housing in the future. Here’s the login link.
• Bay Street Theatre in Sag Harbor announced design plans for its new building adjacent to the John Steinbeck Memorial Park on Tuesday. Here’s their YouTube video:
• Suffolk County reported 576 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, with 4.4 percent of people tested testing positive and 29 percent of hospital beds available. The county reported two new deaths from the virus, bringing the death toll here to 3,277 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:27 a.m., 7:52 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:35 a.m., 7 p.m.
Greenport: 8:04 a.m., 8:29 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 8:49 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 7:59 a.m., 8:24 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:26 a.m., 9:51 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:33 a.m., 9:58 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:20 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:29 a.m., 5:06 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:16 a.m., 8:35 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:24 a.m., 7:43 p.m.
Greenport: 8:53 a.m., 9:12 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:45 a.m., 10:10 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:48 a.m., 9:07 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:15 a.m., 10:34 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:22 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:17 a.m., 7:49 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:26 a.m., 5:58 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.