• The rest of this week will be a lot like yesterday. Today, we’re expecting rain on-and-off with a high near 42 degrees. Tomorrow, we’re expecting some drizzle, with a high near 42 degrees. Friday, we’re expecting a chance of showers, with a high near 57 degrees. Happy April! It isn’t raining rain, you know, it’s raining violets.
• East Hampton Town Councilwoman Kathee Burke-Gonzalez, liaison to the East Hampton Airport, is recommending that the town board adopt just three of the four noise restrictions proposed earlier this year, leaving out a weekend ban on helicopters that many worried could push helicopter traffic to other East End airports. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Family Service League wants to train North Fork mental health professionals to respond to suicide attempts and other crises. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Tonight’s the night to catch a timber-doodle, aka an American Woodcock, in full courtship display out in Greenport. A crew from North Fork Audubon leaves Inlet Pond County Park in search of timber-doodles tonight at 7:15 p.m. More information is online here.
• Suffolk County Transit has added one more southbound run to the packed S92 line. The new run will leave the Orient Point ferry dock at 6:40 p.m. and arrive in East Hampton at 9:15 p.m.
• The peas we planted on St. Patrick’s Day at Beacon headquarters sprouted yesterday, and we are celebrating with a jig and a pint of Guinness. Happy Spring!
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.