• There’s a 30 percent chance of showers today, with thunderstorms also possible after 3 p.m., cloudy skies and a high near 68. The wind will be out of the south at 15 to 17 miles per hour. There’s a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms overnight, with mostly cloudy skies and a low around 50. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 65. There’s a 50 percent chance of rain on Mother’s Day, with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 57.
• The Town of Southampton Opioid Addiction and Recovery Committee will sponsor a second annual Candlelight Vigil in Hampton Bays tomorrow, May 11 to remember those lost in the opioid epidemic that still plagues the town. More details are online here.
• The Fourth Annual Rites of Spring Music Festival goes into full gear this month, with innovative performances in unique spaces throughout the East End, including a performance tomorrow night, May 11 of an opera based on the Ibsen play “A Doll’s House” at the Jamesport Meeting House. More details are online here.
• The 14th Annual Peconic Landing John May Mile & 5K benefitting the Greenport Fire Department will be held tomorrow, May 11 at Brecknock Hall in Greenport. More details are online here.
• The New Suffolk Civic Association holds a special Mother’s Day brunch benefit for its summer ballfield concert series on Sunday from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at Case’s Place. Tickets are $20 for adults and $5 for kids. More details are online here.
• Cornell Cooperative Extension’s Back to the Bays Initiative has begun its spring membership drive, and is asking members of the public to join in support of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County’s Marine Program. More details are online here.
• There’s plenty to do on the East End this weekend, and in the weeks ahead. Get the details in our Events Calendar.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:20 a.m., 3:06 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:28 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
Greenport: 2:57 a.m., 3:43 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:52 a.m., 4:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:52 a.m., 3:38 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:19 a.m., 5:05 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:26 a.m., 5:12 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 1:25 a.m., 2:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:28 a.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:23 a.m., 4:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:31 a.m., 3:17 p.m.
Greenport: 4 a.m., 4:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:52 a.m., 5:38 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:55 a.m., 4:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:22 a.m., 6:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:29 a.m., 6:15 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:26 a.m., 3:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:35 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.