• East Hampton Town is bracing for this summer’s helicopter traffic with new plans to push helicopters to a higher altitude on their approach and departure from their airport in Wainscott. The Beacon’s full story is online here. Town Board members are urging the public to call 1.800.376.4817 to report noise complaints.
• The Musical Suspects: Terry Sullivan, Dan Koontz and Bill & Ben Chaleff will be sharing songs in memory of folk legends Pete & Toshi Seeger at the Rogers Memorial Library in Southampton from 6 to 8 p.m. tonight.
• Folks who spoke at a public hearing Tuesday on the scaled-back Sandy Hollow Cove development in Tuckahoe were unimpressed with the changes. The public hearing will continue on May 27. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss East End Arts’ Jump Start program, the ongoing Brownfields Opportunity Area study, their East Lawn Building and a proposed regional plastic bag ban at their 10 a.m. work session today. Their full agenda is online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on whether to close their scavenger waste plant at their 6:30 p.m. meeting tonight. They’re also setting public hearings for June 5 at 6:30 p.m. on bills that would prohibit the feeding of geese and the parking of taxicabs in several downtown Montauk parking lots. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss their vehicle acquisition plan at an 11:15 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.