This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.16.17
• Today will be sunny, with a high near 74 degrees and a west wind around 10 miles per hour. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 52 and a southwest wind 5 to 8 miles per hour. Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 78, and Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
• Tuesdays with Tom continues Maygration birdwatching walks this morning at 8 a.m. at Inlet Pond County Park. More details are online here.
• The East Hampton Town Board will discuss the CPF water quality protection law and a proposed zone change at 137 Springs-Fireplace Road at their 10 a.m. work session at town hall this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Shelter Island Town Board will discuss Bridge Street parking, ‘accessory sleeping’ and site plan and wetland review at their 1 p.m. work session this afternoon. Their full agenda is online here.
• Canio’s Books’ Feminist Book Club will continue to discuss bell hooks’ “Feminism is for Everybody” this afternoon at 3 p.m. More details are online here.
• JDT Lab at Guild Hall in East Hampton will host a free staged reading of Lisa D’Amour’s “Detroit” this evening at 7:30 p.m. This Pulitzer Finalist, Obie Award-winning play by Lisa D’Amour asks the question, “Do we ever really know who we’re living next to? Or with?” More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:12 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:20 a.m., 2:04 p.m.
Greenport: 2:49 a.m., 3:33 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:26 a.m., 4:05 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:44 a.m., 3:28 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:11 a.m., 4:55 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:18 a.m., 5:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:50 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 3 a.m., 3:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 2:08 a.m., 2:56 p.m.
Greenport: 3:37 a.m., 4:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 4:14 a.m., 4:54 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 3:32 a.m., 4:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:59 a.m., 5:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 5:06 a.m., 5:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.