This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.19.21
• Today will be sunny, with a high temperature near 83 degrees and a calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10 p.m. tonight, with patchy fog after 3 a.m., partly cloudy skies and a low temperature around 54 degrees. Thursday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 72 and Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70.
• Riverhead Town has launched its Pedalshare program this week, which was delayed due to the pandemic, with bicycles available to share through an app at the Riverhead Train Station, Town Hall, the EPCAL recreational path and two locations alongside the Peconic River. The program, in conjunction with Suffolk County and sponsored by Bethpage Federal Credit Union, is also available in Hampton Bays, Southampton Village, Patchogue, Huntington and Babylon. More information is online at ridepedalshare.com.
• After last year’s Riverhead Central School District school budget was defeated twice last year, voters turned out yesterday overwhelmingly in favor of the coming year’s budget, which passed in a 2237 to 886 vote.
• The Mattituck Lions Club announced Tuesday that its annual Strawberry Festival is on for Father’s Day Weekend, after being cancelled last year due to Covid. Here are more details.
• The Greenport American Legion at 102 Third Street in Greenport. hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive tomorrow, May 20 from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended, online here.
• Suffolk County reported 68 new cases of Covid-19 on Monday, May 17, with .9 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 133 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 30 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities from the virus for the second day in a row — the first two-day streak with no deaths since last fall. The death toll here stands at 3,381 people.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 3:58 a.m., 4:51 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 3:06 a.m., 3:59 p.m.
Greenport: 4:35 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 5:16 a.m., 6:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 4:30 a.m., 5:23 p.m.
New Suffolk: 5:57 a.m., 6:50 p.m.
South Jamesport: 6:04 a.m., 6:57 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 2:36 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:45 a.m., 1:45 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:08 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
Greenport: 5:37 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:16 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:32 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:59 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:06 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:34 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:43 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.