• Suffolk County has agreed to be the local sponsor for the Army Corps of Engineers’ plan to shore up downtown Montauk against storms. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Sag Harbor’s Bay Street Theatre is celebrating John Steinbeck with a series of films today and tomorrow. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
• Riverhead Town unveiled a new $13 million plan on Thursday to reuse the New York National Guard’s former Armory building on Route 58 as a new justice court and police headquarters, which sparked a debate on how all other town offices will be reconfigured. The Beacon’s full story will be online later today.
• The Beacon’s new wrap-up of upcoming weekend events, “All In a Weekend,” is now online here. “All In a Weekend” highlights some of the most exciting things to do on the East End this weekend. Our full events calendar is online here.
• If you’re just now thinking of getting out and starting a garden, there’s still time to get a plot at Hallockville Museum Farm’s community garden. Full and half-plots are still available. For more information, call 631.298.5292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Retreat in East Hampton is looking for a development director to help them fundraise to help victims of domestic violence and their families. The position is out of their East Hampton Office. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.