This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.20.21
• Today will be sunny, with a high temperature near 83 degrees and a calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 7 miles per hour in the morning. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 10 p.m. this evening, and patchy fog after 3 a.m. tomorrow, with partly cloudy skies overnight and a low around 54. We’re expecting patchy fog before 7 a.m. Thursday, with otherwise mostly sunny skies and a high near 72. Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70.
• A public Zoom presentation on the big house trend by the members of the North Fork Civics to the Southold Town Board will be held on Tuesday, May 25 at 6:30 p.m. Civic representatives from the Orient Association, East Marion Community Association, New Suffolk Civic Association, Cutchogue Civic Association and Mattituck-Laurel Civic Association will share their purpose and process to limit house size in Southold Town. More information is online here.
• Suffolk County reported 79 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, May 18, with .8 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 131 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 34 of them in ICU. The county reported two new fatalities, bringing the death toll here to 3,383 people.
• The East Hampton Town Board will hold a public hearing on its proposed water quality projects for this year at its 11 a.m. meeting this morning. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed on LTV’s YouTube page. Public comment will be taken through a telephone call in number listed on the screen.
• The Southampton Town Board is slated to hold a work session this morning at 10 a.m. The agenda will be posted here and the meeting can be viewed on SEA-TV.
• The Greenport American Legion at 102 Third Street in Greenport. hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive this afternoon and evening from 1 to 7 p.m. Appointments are recommended, online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 5 a.m., 5:45 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 4:08 a.m., 4:53 p.m.
Greenport: 5:37 a.m., 6:22 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 6:16 a.m., 6:56 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 5:32 a.m., 6:17 p.m.
New Suffolk: 6:59 a.m., 7:44 p.m.
South Jamesport: 7:06 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 3:34 a.m., 4:30 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 1:43 a.m., 2:39 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 5:59 a.m., 6:34 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 5:07 a.m., 5:42 p.m.
Greenport: 6:36 a.m., 7:11 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 7:17 a.m., 7:51 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 6:31 a.m., 7:06 p.m.
New Suffolk: 7:58 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
South Jamesport: 8:05 a.m., 8:40 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 4:34 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 2:43 a.m., 3:37 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.