Good Morning, and we hope you’ve survived this long weekend so far. You probably have if you’re still alive to read this bulletin.
• Today will be partly sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a south wind 6 to 13 miles per hour. Tonight, we’re expecting mostly cloudy skies, with a low around 60 degrees and a gusty southwest wind. Tomorrow is expected to be partly sunny, with a high also near 77 degrees and a south wind blowing 17 to 13 miles per hour, with gusts up to 30 miles per hour. Wednesday is expected to be partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 75 degrees and Thursday is expected to be partly sunny, with a high near 76 degrees and a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms.
• Today is Memorial Day, and you’ll have chances all over the Twin Forks to pay tribute to the men and women who’ve died for this country. The Beacon’s full Memorial Day service listings are online here.
• Tonight’s edition of East End Opry at Fresh in Bridgehampton promises to pull out all the stops. Joe Delia is promising an all-solo piano feature performance, and Lynn Blumenfeld, Mick Hargreaves, Carolina Kohn, Lisa Shaw, Tom Hashagen and Mark Lawlor are also slated to perform. The evening begins at 6:30 p.m. More information is online here.
• Candidates are coming out of the woodwork for this fall’s elections throughout the East End, but nowhere is the political jockeying more pronounced than in Southampton Town, where the supervisor plans to run for Congress, a county legislator is looking to win her seat and one board member is making a stab at his seat on the legislature. The Beacon’s full story is online here.
•Hampton Theatre Company’s “Hay Fever,” which will continue on stage Thursdays through Sundays until June 7, brings with it a familiar feeling to folks who’ve either been houseguests or hosted houseguests in the Hamptons for a holiday weekend.The Beacon’s full review is online here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. Get your own free copy, or help your friends get their own free copy each week by signing up here: http://eepurl.com/Amk7T
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.