• We’re expecting rain and possibly a thunderstorm today, with a high near 61 degrees and an east wind 15 to 20 miles per hour. The chance of precipitation is 90 percent. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch are possible. We’re expecting more rain overnight, with a low around 53. Showers are also likely Friday, mainly early, but otherwise it will be cloudy, with a high near 66. Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 70.
• The Southampton Town Board will hear the annual report from the town’s Sustainability Committee and board member project updates at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will discuss the town’s annual stormwater certification report, Clean Energy Communities, a Long Island downtown revitalization grant and a community fun day at their 10 a.m. work session this morning. Their full agenda is online here.
• The Kander & Ebb musical “Cabaret” continues tonight for its second weekend at the North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck. Read The Beacon‘s review online here.
• Hampton Theatre Company in Quogue will be presenting “Alarms and Excursions,” Michael Frayn’s deliriously funny collection of comedies of embarrassment, tonight, May 25, through June 11. More details are online here. Look for our review early next week!
• The folks who brought you “One Guitar,” a CD of original songs all performed on Don Bracken’s Gibson acoustic guitar to benefit the Maureen’s Haven homeless shelter network are presenting “One Guitar Uproar,” an evening of music at Riverhead’s Vail-Leavitt Music Hall that will also benefit Maureen’s Haven, tomorrow, May 25 at 7 p.m. Tickets are $20. More details are online here.
• Hampton Bays’ Ecological Culture Initiative is embarking on a series of organic gardening classes tomorrow at the Lodge at Squiretown Park. The sessions, which run through July, comprise an Organic Gardening Certificate Program. More details are online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 9:56 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:04 a.m., 9:24 p.m.
Greenport: 10:33 a.m., 10:53 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 11:38 a.m., 11:53 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 10:28 a.m., 10:48 p.m.
New Suffolk: 11:55 a.m.
South Jamesport: 12:02 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 7:22 a.m., 7:42 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 10:48 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 9:56 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Greenport: 11:25 a.m., 11:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:30 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:20 a.m., 11:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 12:15 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:22 a.m., 12:54 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:15 a.m., 8:33 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.