• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 81 and light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 miles per hour. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms tonight, mainly after midnight, with a low around 57. Friday will be partly sunny, with a high near 79, Saturday will be
sunny, with a high near 82 and Sunday will be partly sunny, with a high near 78 and a 30 percent chance of afternoon thunderstorms.
• Drama Desk and Tony Award-winning comedy “Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike” opens tonight at the Hampton Theatre Company in Quogue, and continues through June 12. More information is online here.
• The Riverhead Town Board will hold a special meeting this morning at 9:30 to enact several resolutions, including sending a letter to New York State supporting funding for the EPCAL bicycle path, enacting a budget modification for bunker removal in the Peconic River and awarding a bid for renewable energy at the town’s landfill on Youngs Avenue. The full agenda for that meeting is online here. The board will discuss the East End Arts mosaic street festival, stormwater regulations and EPCAL broker issues at their 10 a.m. work session. The full agenda for that meeting is online here.
• Suffolk County Vector Control is planning to apply the larvicide VectoBac between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. today at the following East End locations: Apacuck Point, Moneybogue Bay and Iron Point in Southampton, Westhampton Dunes, Napeague, Indian Island, Miller Farm in Riverhead and Pipes Neck Creek in Greenport. For more information, contact Vector Control at 631.852.4270.
• Greenport Fire Department’s Star Hose Company hosts its annual Memorial Day Carnival beginning tonight at the Moore’s Lane polo field. The carnival continues through Monday from 5 to 11 p.m., with fireworks scheduled for Saturday, May 28 at 10 p.m. More information is online here.
• Our Memorial Day parade and ceremony listings are online here. If you are running an event you’d like to see added to these listings, please email the details to email@example.com. Thank you!
• Peconic Community School will hold their fifth annual GROW: Spring Fundraiser & Community Picnic, with music by Brady Rymer, Joe & Liza’s Ice Cream,facepainting, crafts and drumming at Hallockville Museum Farm on Saturday from noon to 3 p.m. Tickets are $20 for adults and free for kids, and proceeds go to benefit the community school. More information is online here.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.