• Today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82 degrees, with a southwest wind 11 to 15 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight, but otherwise it will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 62.There’s a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday, but otherwise it will be partly sunny, with a high near 73. Saturday will be partly sunny, with a high near 69.
• The flowers of spring are now blooming, but our Gardenwise columnist, Susan Tito, is having mixed feelings about her Bradford Pear tree. Read her latest column online here.
• The Southampton Town Board will discuss the June U.S. Open at the Shinnecock Hills Golf Club and the town’s wireless communications needs at their 10:30 a.m. work session this morning, which will be preceded at 10 a.m. by the board’s meeting as commissioners of the Hampton Bays Water District. Their full agenda is online here.
• Riverhead’s Town Board work session for this morning has been cancelled.
• The East Hampton Town Board meets this evening at 6:30 p.m. Their full agenda will be posted online here.
• Group for the East End and Southold Town are looking for volunteers Saturday morning to help build a section of the Bay to Sound Trail on Pipe’s Neck Road in Greenport. More details are online here.
• Jobs with Justice will host a forum on “How To Have Difficult Conversations About Immigration” this Saturday, May 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at St. John the Evangelist R.C. Church in Riverhead. All are welcome to attend, and the event includes a free breakfast. More information is online here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:35 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:17 p.m.
Greenport: 1:12 a.m., 1:46 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:03 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:07 a.m., 1:41 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:34 a.m., 3:08 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:41 a.m., 3:15 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:24 a.m., 10:37 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:22 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:30 a.m., 1:06 p.m.
Greenport: 1:59 a.m., 2:35 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:46 a.m., 3:21 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:54 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:21 a.m., 3:57 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:28 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:11 a.m., 11:22 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.