This Morning’s Bulletin — 5.31.22
• We’re expecting mostly sunny skies today, with a high temperature near 89 degrees and a west wind 8 to 10 miles per hour. It will be mostly cloudy overnight, with a low around 56. Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 66 and a 20 percent chance of showers after 2 p.m., with an east wind 8 to 10 miles per hour. Thursday will be partly sunny, with a high near 74 and a 30 percent chance of showers before 8 a.m.
• “Windfall,” a new comedy by Scooter Pietsch opens this evening at 7 p.m. at Bay Street Theatre, 1 Bay Street in, Sag Harbor. Five office workers in Columbus, Ohio toil under the heavy hand of a maniacal boss and dream of a better life. When the boss’s antics become too much to bear, they bet their every last cent on a one-billion-dollar lottery jackpot, but the prospect of winning brings out the worst in these best friends. Showtimes will be Tuesdays through Sundays through June 19. Tickets range from $50 to $125 and are available at baystreet.org.
• Riverhead’s First Baptist Church at 1018 Northville Turnpike is hosting a Healthcare Career Fair on Friday, June 3 from 3 to 7 p.m., with representatives from Peconic Bay Medical Center. Attendees will receive a highlight of clinical and non-clinical careers available at PBMC, along with career workshops and community resources. For more information, contact Steven Vulpis at email@example.com or 631.548.6891.
• There’s a dire need for lifeguards on the East End, and the Southold Recreation Department is hosting an American Red Cross lifeguard certification course June 14-16 to help certify new lifeguards. Here are more details.
• Today is the last day to subscribe to receive our June monthly print edition via U.S. Mail. You’ll read much of our coverage in print before you see it online, and subscriptions to our print edition support much of the work we do. Sign up here.
• The Beacon’s Week in Review was delivered piping hot to inboxes throughout the East End in the wee hours of Sunday morning. To get your own copy each week, sign up here.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 11:22 a.m., 11:33 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 10:30 a.m., 10:41 p.m.
Greenport: 11:59 a.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 12:21 a.m., 12:58 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 11:54 a.m.
New Suffolk: 12:48 a.m., 1:21 p.m.
South Jamesport: 12:55 a.m., 1:28 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 10:30 a.m., 10:33 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 8:39 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:08 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:16 a.m., 11:26 p.m.
Greenport: 12:10 a.m., 12:45 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1 a.m., 1:37 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:05 a.m., 12:40 p.m.
New Suffolk: 1:32 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
South Jamesport: 1:39 a.m., 2:14 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:12 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 9:21 a.m., 9:18 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.