• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 68 degrees and a north wind 3 to 8 miles per hour. We’re expecting mostly cloudy skies overnight, with a low around 47. There’s a 30 percent chance of rain after 2 p.m. Friday, with cloudy skies and a high near 60. We’re expecting rain Saturday, mainly before 8 a.m., with cloudy skies and a high near 57.
• Peconic Landing will host the 16th Annual John May Mile and 5K Race to benefit the Greenport Fire Department on Saturday, May 7. Here are more details.
• The New York Marine Rescue Center’s 25th Annual Run for the Ridley is also this Saturday, Mtay 7 at 8 a.m. in downtown Riverhead and virtually. Here’s more info.
• The Peconic Land Trust hosts a Square Foot Gardening Workshop at the Ag Center at Charnews Farm, 3005 Youngs Avenue in Southold on Saturday at 10 a.m. Attendees will learn a proven way to grow more vegetables in less space with less work with Master Gardener Reese Michaels. Admission is $5. Reservations are required at email@example.com or by calling 631.283.3195 ext. 122.
• The East Hampton Town Board meets at 2 p.m. today, and will be holding public hearings on improvements to the town’s garbage district and on environmental review of outdoor dining permits. Here’s the agenda, and the meeting can be viewed live on LTV’s YouTube channel.
• Suffolk County reported 724 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, May 3, with 7.6 percent of people tested testing positive. There were 138 people hospitalized with the virus in the county, with 13 of them in ICU. The county reported no new fatalities from the virus, and the death toll here stands at 4,386 people since March of 2020.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 1:27 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:35 a.m., 1:13 p.m.
Greenport: 2:04 a.m., 2:42 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:45 a.m., 3:26 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:59 a.m., 2:37 p.m.
New Suffolk: 3:26 a.m., 4:04 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3:33 a.m., 4:11 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:16 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 11:18 a.m., 11:07 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 2:16 a.m., 2:57 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 1:24 a.m., 2:05 p.m.
Greenport: 2:53 a.m., 3:34 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 3:29 a.m., 4:12 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 2:48 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
New Suffolk: 4:15 a.m., 4:56 p.m.
South Jamesport: 4:22 a.m., 5:03 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:58 a.m., 1:58 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 12:07 a.m., 11:54 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.