• It will be mostly sunny today, with a high temperature near 61 degrees and a northeast wind 8 to 11 miles per hour. There’s a 20 percent chance of showers after 3 a.m. overnight, with partly cloudy skies and a low around 40. There’s a 30 percent chance of showers Saturday, mainly after 3 p.m., with mostly cloudy skies and a high near 57. Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
• The North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck will present a series of live streamed play readings throughout the month of May titled “The New Woman: Virtual Live Readings of Turn of the Twentieth-Century Plays.” The series begins tomorrow night with Ibsen’s “A Doll’s House” and runs through May 29 with readings each Saturday at 7 p.m. Links to all the readings, which are free, are online here.
• The Bridgehampton Fire Department at 64 School Street hosts a New York Blood Center blood drive from 2 to 8 p.m. today. Appointments are recommended, online here. The Flanders Fire Department at 19 Firehouse Lane in Flanders, will also hold a blood drive today from 1 to 7 p.m., with appointments online here.
• The Riverhead Rotary’s annual Garden Festival Mother’s Day and garden plant sale is on through the weekend at the Route 58 parking lot adjacent to the Tanger Outlets. The sale, which benefits Peconic Bay Medical Center’s Operation International and Riverhead Rotary charities, will be held from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily through Sunday. Here’s more info.
• The Cutchogue Fire Department will hold a Drive-In Movie Night next Friday, May 14, screening the Pixar family film “The Croods: A New Age” at 8 p.m. at Peconic Bay Winery, 31320 Main Road, Cutchogue. Tickets are $45 per car and can be purchased at cutchoguefiredept.org.
Have a happy Mother’s Day, and we’ll see you again on Monday.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 7:49 a.m., 8:10 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 6:57 a.m., 7:18 p.m.
Greenport: 8:26 a.m., 8:47 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 9:18 a.m., 9:40 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 8:21 a.m., 8:42 p.m.
New Suffolk: 9:48 a.m., 10:09 p.m.
South Jamesport: 9:55 a.m., 10:16 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 6:44 a.m., 7:19 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 4:53 a.m., 5:28 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 8:31 a.m., 8:48 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 7:39 a.m., 7:56 p.m.
Greenport: 9:08 a.m., 9:25 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 10:06 a.m., 10:22 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 9:03 a.m., 9:20 p.m.
New Suffolk: 10:30 a.m., 10:47 p.m.
South Jamesport: 10:37 a.m., 10:54 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 7:34 a.m., 8:03 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 5:43 a.m., 6:12 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.