• Today will be sunny, with a high near 77 degrees and a northwest wind around 7 miles per hour. It will be mostly clear overnight, with a low around 55. Tuesday will be sunny, with a high near 77 and Wednesday will be sunny, with a high near 77.
• New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced over the weekend that church services can begin again, with buildings at 25 percent capacity, and outdoor graduations with 150 or fewer people will also be permitted as of June 26.
• Local vigils and protests over police practices and the death of George Floyd continued throughout the weekend, with protests throughout the South Fork.
• The League of Women Voters of The Hamptons, Shelter Island & the North Fork will host a Zoom debate for State Senate this evening at 7 p.m. It can be viewed on Southampton’s Sea-TV public access station and YouTube channel.
• Beginning today, Southampton Town offices will be open by appointment only from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Residents are asked to make the appointment with the department they are visiting. Taxes will be accepted without an appointment, and drop boxes are available for residents who need to drop of documents. Face coverings are required inside the building, and the town asks visitors to expect queues when entering the building to ensure social distancing.
The high tides on the East End for the next two days are as follows:
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:02 a.m., 12:37 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 11:45 a.m.
Greenport: 12:39 a.m., 1:14 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 1:35 a.m., 2:11 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 12:34 a.m., 1:09 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:01 a.m., 2:36 p.m.
South Jamesport: 2:08 a.m., 2:43 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 11:52 a.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:01 a.m., 10:17 p.m.
Plum Gut Harbor: 12:54 a.m., 1:30 p.m.
Montauk Harbor: 12:02 a.m., 12:38 p.m.
Greenport: 1:31 a.m., 2:07 p.m.
Mattituck Inlet: 2:25 a.m., 3:01 p.m.
Sag Harbor: 1:26 a.m., 2:02 p.m.
New Suffolk: 2:53 a.m., 3:29 p.m.
South Jamesport: 3 a.m., 3:36 p.m.
Shinn. Bay Entrance: 12:08 a.m., 12:47 p.m.
Shinn. Inlet: 10:56 a.m., 11:09 p.m.
And that’s the way things look at dawn’s light here today.